What If I’m Not Happy With My Assessment?
If a homeowner feels the assessment is incorrect or they are unsatisfied, they have the right to file an appeal prior to the closing of the Assessment Roll.
Every property owner, on their residential assessment notice, has an account number and a password. This is very important information for the property owner to gain access to their own individual property details online. In order to review your individual assessment, follow these steps:
- Click here to visit the Assessment & Taxes section for your property;
- Create a profile by clicking Create Profile;
- Input the details request, such as email address & password;
- Add your property:
- When adding your property, you will need the Account Code and Access Code;
- The Account Number is found on your Assessment Notice, which should have been mailed to your residential address;
- The Access Code is also found on this same Assessment Notice.
You should now have access to your property.
You have now successfully created an account with your residential property properly linked. You may now:
- Click on What Makes Up Your Property’s Assessed Value.
- Download your detailed Property Assessment Report.
- This document gives you all the pertinent details of your property assesment.
- If you find any errors, please immediately contact 311 by telephone.
If you still disagree with the assessment given by 311, you can file an appeal This must be done before the roll is closed. You can also contact your Councillor’s office.