As you all know, the City of Edmonton is following the directives of AHS and the province. I will be continuing to support everything that promotes ridding our city of the virus in as quickly as possible so we can reopen our facilities, and try to mitigate the enormous economic impact this will have on our personal lives and businesses.
Public health measures are in place to quickly identify potential COVID-19 cases and prevent the infection from spreading. Influenza and other common viruses remain the most likely cause of a respiratory infection.
Prevent the spread
All Albertans are encouraged to take personal steps to help prevent the spread.
To protect yourself and others:
- stay home and away from others if sick or in isolation
- wash hands often, using soap and water for at least twenty seconds
- cover coughs and sneezes
- avoid touching face with unwashed hands
- avoid travel outside Canada
- self-isolate for 14 days if returning from travel outside Canada or were exposed to COVID-19
Monitor your symptoms
If you have symptoms, like a dry cough, fever, fatigue or difficulty breathing:
- stay home – do not go to an ER or clinic
- take the COVID-19 self-assessment
- call Health Link 811 for instructions and testing
Wearing medical masks
Masks can be very important in certain situations.
- If you are healthy, medical masks are not recommended as they do not provide full protection and can create a false sense of security.
- If you are sick, wearing a mask helps prevent spreading the illness to other people.
This is why people who have a cough or respiratory symptoms must wear masks and wash their hands when visiting an emergency department or clinic.
For the full list of resources, visit: